Oh, Mr Einstein! How befuddling
you have me questioning and wondering.
If Britain is red; then who is the green
the Swede may have dogs; but where are they seen?
I wrote them out in spider diagrams
but the lines were baffling, my poor hands
needed to spread out across the spreadsheet
twas logical and a little more neat.
But I can’t figure out the German
I know he smokes! But what else can I learn?
Oh, Mr Einstein, it’s taken me hours
and only 2% have these powers?
Asking us questions like, Where is the fish?
Mind-boggling riddle, you just had to dish…
I would love to say that I mastered it
but alas, nay, I may have googled it!
The above, a result of a befuddling brain teaser a co-worker e-mailed me today. Written by Einstein the 19th Century predicting/stating only 98% of the population would be able to solve it. Well, I do like a challenge. I took it on. I failed. I succumbed to the easiness and peer pressure that was Google. I found the answer – went back to the riddle and still couldn’t see where I had gone wrong! C’est la vie.
Just for fun here is the riddle:
Five homeowners lived in five separate houses that were five different colours.Each homeowner was of a different nationality, drank a specific beverage, smoked a specific brand of smokes, and a kept a specific pet. No owners had the same pet, brand of smoke, or drink.
1. The Brit lives in a Red house.
2. The Swede keeps a dog.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is on the left of the White house.
5. The Green homeowner drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall keeps Birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the central house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blend lives next to the man who keeps Cats.
11. The man who keeps Horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Camel drinks Beer.
13. The German smokes Marlborough.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
With that in mind, Who Keeps The Fish?
Give it a whirl, let me know how you went… with or without Google… I promise I won’t judge!
One thought on “Who has the fish?”
Hi Charlie. if I had a brain perhaps it could be teased.